Thursday, August 20, 2009

Feminism Fail: Glamour Magazine

I know, you're going, "Feminism Fail? DUH! That's why they call it Glamour Magazine: An Illustrated Guide To How You Will Never EVER Be Thin, Beautiful, Or White Enough, Now With More Blowjob Tips That May Or May Not Keep Your Man (Because You Are Of Course Straight And Thus Interested In Such Activities!) From Cheating!!"

But seriously, these sneaky fuckers are trying to get all fat-acceptancey, and I am not buying it.

Oooh, look at this nice feel-good article -

Photobucket

Thank you, Glamour! Now that you have approved of a woman who is a good bit thinner, blonder, and whiter than many women, I, um, feel totally almost better about myself?

You are so totally pro-woman and stuff. I also really appreciate how you give me options such as: feeling good about myself the way I am, or, if that's not really my bag, you offer me a variety of alternatives, conveniently located in the margins of this very article.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I appreciate that. I like that they give me options. It's what choice is all about.

3 comments:

KMH-F said...

I've always thought that about magazines, I'm glad you put it into words for the rest of us :)

Willa said...

I also thought this was dumb because normally in every fashion magazine there is one "normal" woman featured. One out of say, 100 women featured (figuring in ad space, fashion spreads, author profiles, etc.) is an average amount and not really anything to write home about.

Reagan said...

You rock!!!! :)